Summary of Qualifications
- 20+ years of project management in software development.
- Project liaison and champion for all stakeholders – internal and external executives, development team and clients – with the ability to ensure all parties’ voices, concerns and needs are managed during short or long projects.
- Ability to shift gears quickly and wear many hats in both large corporate and smaller startup environments.
- Strong project planning, risk mitigation and problem solving skills.
St. Olaf College, Northfield MN
B.A. in Biology and Environmental Science
Big Island Publishing – Plymouth, MN
Project Manager – Producer, August 2005 – Present
Managing teams of engineers, artists, Subject Matter Experts (SME), creatives and executives while developing medical software products.
- Managed development of medical simulation VitalSims for nursing continuing education credits.
- Assisted professors and nurse SMEs to provide their skills, experience and curriculum in a manner which the development team could use to create simulation software products.
- SME’s included: University of MN School of Nursing and School of Pharmacy, MN Hospital Assoc., Lung Health Institute of Canada, Hartmann USA.
- Hipaa compliance knowledge via development of hearing aid mobile app.
Managed development of commercial entertainment games and applications for console, computer, web and mobile platforms, including:
- Designed and produced Bass Pro Shops: The Strike, and BPS: The Hunt for PS2, Wii, Xbox360 and PC.
- Produced, and created all levels for, Trophy Bass 2007 Xbox and PC title.
- Led porting of Diner Dash and other games from PC to Nintendo DS.
Procured projects and managed production, including industrial 3D modeling/animations and commercials for B2B and B2C.
Assisted in creation, fundraising effort, and game development for Rocket Surgeon Entertainment (startup).
- Created Powerpoint and pro forma and presented to potential investors.
- Managed development of Facebook game For the People: Fantasy Politics.
- Provided technical portion of software patent submission.
ARUSH / World Entertainment Broadcasting / Hip Interactive USA – Scottsdale, AZ
Project Manager – Producer, 2001 – 2005
Managed software development and quality assurance for well over a dozen PC, Xbox, PS2, Nintendo Gameboy and web games.
Software development and client relations included notable branded games such as:
- Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project
- Fear Factor (NBC and Endemol)
- Playboy – The Mansion
Pitched concepts and partnerships to potential investors, potential partners, other publishers and clients in an Executive Producer role.
Wrote all user manuals.
Managed external US and International development teams.
WizardWorks / GT Interactive / Infogrames / ATARI – Plymouth, MN
Project Manager – Product Manager – Technical Support, 1994 – 2001
Managed software development, co-designed and shipped well over 100 entertainment and productivity titles, including several Top 10 PC game titles (PCData). This included #1, #2 and #9 in the same week.
Managed WizardWorks Outdoors branded titles.
- Co-designed, produced and managed development of the top selling Deer Hunter franchise. Total units shipped are currently in the millions.
- Coordinated strategies with marketing and sales departments. This included licensing, sponsorships and partnerships with other outdoor brands and non-profits.
- Presented products to Wal-Mart executives at their corporate headquarters.
Created internal QA teams and developed strategies to ensure PC hardware compatibility and product compliance on a fast paced production schedule.
Managed many external US and International development teams.
Cultivated and coordinated relationships with notable licenses and brands such as:
- Survivor, Harley Davidson, FLW Outdoors, Ranger Boats, Buckmasters, Wildlife Forever, Pheasants Forever, VISA, Wal-Mart.
Produced and shipped titles ranging from bible study programs, kids games, mapping products (pre-GPS), business applications, to barcode creation apps.
Started in Technical Support, assisting customers by phone.
Wrote hundreds of user manuals.
Metropolitan Mosquito Control District – St. Paul, MN
Biologist Research Assistant, 1990-1994
Conducted mosquito resistance monitoring, pesticide efficacy and residual testing, mosquito habitat sampling studies, and other related testing and surveys in the field and the lab. Raised colonies of adult mosquitos from larvae collected in the field, to be used for testing.
Organized and scheduled MMCD field personnel, up to 16 employees per session, four evenings per week in summer. Weather and overtime hours made this a challenge, yet we were able to complete the study and publish a paper on it.
Co-author of three peer-reviewed, published papers.
Software and Tools Experience
- MS Office (365, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote)
- Google Docs
- WordPress and other website creation apps
Project management tools
- MS Project